Question Suggestions on new build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Hello everyone this is officially my first post here.., i'm really looking forward for a positive and entertaining conversation :)

so after doing several research i have come to this build:

1. Case - Cougar Panzer Max
  2. Processor - i9
  3. GPU - EVGA RTX 2080 XC GAMING
  4. Storage - 1x Samsung SSD 1TB 860 Evo and 2 3.5 HDD WD BLACK
  5. RAM - Gskill Trident - 4x8
  6. PSU - EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 G3

What do you guys think, is it okay? Im having trouble on deciding the motherboard, either to go with GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus or ASUS MAXIMUS or maybe others?.. i heard mix reviews on these mobos, i really need your assistance

and finally, the cooler... is it okay to go with NZXT Kraken X62 or X72 or maybe other brands or not a water cooling (please advice)

Please give suggestions guys, really need it, and if you think that i should go for a low cost rig without sacrificing the performances please just tell which should be replaced..

I really want this rig to last more than 10 years... just like my current rig (its still alive more than 12 years and performing well)

Thank You

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($489.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.73 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($269.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($180.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($162.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card ($789.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500M ATX Mid Tower Case ($209.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($115.95 @ OutletPC)
Custom: MasterAccessory Vertical Display Graphics Card Holder Kit Including
Total: $2369.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-09 14:48 EDT-0400

The rad goes on the top, note the vertical graphics card mount and lighting effects of the RTX 2080

Last edited:
Reactions: d_animality

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($489.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.73 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($269.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($180.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($162.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card ($789.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500M ATX Mid Tower Case ($209.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($115.95 @ OutletPC)
Custom: MasterAccessory Vertical Display Graphics Card Holder Kit Including
Total: $2369.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-09 14:48 EDT-0400

The rad goes on the top, note the vertical graphics card mount and lighting effects of the RTX 2080

Thanks i never tried the vertical graphics mount before wil have a look at these too :)

YT-CTECH

Great
May 5, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone this is officially my first post here.., i'm really looking forward for a positive and entertaining conversation :)

so after doing several research i have come to this build:

1. Case - Cougar Panzer Max
  2. Processor - i9
  3. GPU - EVGA RTX 2080 XC GAMING
  4. Storage - 1x Samsung SSD 1TB 860 Evo and 2 3.5 HDD WD BLACK
  5. RAM - Gskill Trident - 4x8
  6. PSU - EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 G3
What do you guys think, is it okay? Im having trouble on deciding the motherboard, either to go with GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus or ASUS MAXIMUS or maybe others?.. i heard mix reviews on these mobos, i really need your assistance

and finally, the cooler... is it okay to go with NZXT Kraken X62 or X72 or maybe other brands or not a water cooling (please advice)

Please give suggestions guys, really need it, and if you think that i should go for a low cost rig without sacrificing the performances please just tell which should be replaced..

I really want this rig to last more than 10 years... just like my current rig (its still alive more than 12 years and performing well)

Thank You
First of all welcome to the forum! Do you want to do a pcpartpicker list so we can see!! Have fun, and that is an exceptional build!

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019

some questions, what speakers should i get for this setup? and lastly, is there any recommended trust-able store in US that can help assemble these at an affordable price, well since if i bought it today, it will only reach me in 3 months time when she is coming home, im worried if some of the components are not working properly.. its gonna be very hard for me to ship back for RMA from here.. atleast if it is assembled there, can easily RMA

WildCard999

Titan
some questions, what speakers should i get for this setup? and lastly, is there any recommended trust-able store in US that can help assemble these at an affordable price, well since if i bought it today, it will only reach me in 3 months time when she is coming home, im worried if some of the components are not working properly.. its gonna be very hard for me to ship back for RMA from here.. atleast if it is assembled there, can easily RMA
I think Microcenter charges like $100-120 for assembly. If your near Massachusetts I'd build it for you for free. Don't know much about speakers, I usually go with a fairly cheap 2.1 setup as most times I use a headset. For a good wireless headset I'd recommend the Corsair HS70.

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
I think Microcenter charges like $100-120 for assembly. If your near Massachusetts I'd build it for you for free. Don't know much about speakers, I usually go with a fairly cheap 2.1 setup as most times I use a headset. For a good wireless headset I'd recommend the Corsair HS70.

That is very kind of u sir, i believe my relatives stay around the friendship height, Chevy Chase and im not very familiar how close it is with Massachusetts. Thats quite hefty price Microcenter charged :( ..anyway i dont usually use headset cause i can easily get heart attack from the sneak attack and snipers haha ... unless im playing with my friends, hmm guess if i dont have a choice, i will order it close to the date of my friend comin home.. atleast the duration is not that long if i want to RMA .. she said that its best to order in november or december during black friday or cyber day? huge discount.. is this true? does it always applicable to the components you have suggested or maybe jus some of it and its not worth waiting?