Suggestions on new PSU and CPU Cooler

captain wajji

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hello everybody. I'd like to get a CPU Cooler suggestion as well as a good PSU for the following rig:

Core i7 7700k (I'll overclock it a little bit)
Gigabyte Gaming B8 RGB Motherboard
ADATA 4gb x 2 DDR4 2400mhz rams
Rx 580 8gb GPU

I'd like to have either Corsair VS 650 or Corsair TX 550m/650m. My cousin told me not to go for VS650. I thought I should get it since it's cheaper but he recommended me to go for an 80 Plus Gold so which one should I buy out of the TX 550 and 650? Will 550 be enough for this PC? Keeping in mind that I'm not looking forward to any upgrade for like next 5-6 years.

For the CPU Cooler, I have shortlisted Corsair H55 liquid cooler and Cryorig H5 Air Cooler. Since I'm getting these both at almost the same price, just $10 difference, which one should I go for?

Keeping in mind that I'll overclock my CPU a little bit.

Other suggestions in the same price range are most welcome.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Regards.

Solution

Psu the tx 550 or 650 are both fine. Your cousing did a good job not letting you get the vs 650 as it is a really low quality unit and simply should not be used.

For the cpu cooler get the cryorig.

Solution

captain wajji

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

H55 won't be good enough for overclocking?

It's worse than the H5

As others have stated steer away from the VS series PSUs-they aren't exactly top notch. As far as coolers go I personally despise any 120/140mm AIO and can't recommend them unless clearance is an issue. A good air cooler will outperform it and be quieter as well. Maybe take a good look at the Cryorig h7-its cheap and very very well regarded.

captain wajji

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

How about H7, since it's cheaper. Will it keep the processor cool if I overclock it?

Or should I go with H5 for once? The price difference is just $11 from where I'm getting it.

There is basically no difference between the 2 so get whichever one you want.