[SOLVED] Suggestions on new silent build

Sep 8, 2020
Hi everyone, as I said in the title I want to get a new computer.
Because of my work, the pc will be turned on for many hours or even for days, doing computations and simulations on medium stress. In the remaining time I'd also like to play some games. That's why I want my build to have some requirements:
  • as quiet as possible
  • low temperatures
I don't care about fancy RGB or stuff like that, I prefer to spend a bit more on a better cooling system than on a RGB case or motherboard, if you get what I mean.
That being said, I asked help to some friends and we came up with a build. I'd like to read your suggestions since we are not experts. My budget is flexible, around 1000€.

CPU: Ryzen 3700x
CPU cooler: Be quiet! bk021 / Be quiet! bk022
Mobo: MSI B500-A-pro / MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32GB (16x2) / G.Skill Flare X 32GB (16x2)
PSU: Be quiet! pure power 11 600W / NZXT C 650W
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
Case: Be quiet! Silent Base 601

I already have a RX580 GPU.
Thank you in advance.

Solution
Absolutely with you on quality and silence over rgb and aesthetics.

They're good choices, psu wise definitely the nzxt over the pure power 11.

I personally would go for the corsair RMx, it's quieter than either.

Case wise I'd also go with a fractal define r6 over the silent base, an absolutely wonderful case imo.

These are personal choices, I just think they're both better than the components you're listing.

That obviously depends on your location/availability/prices though.

What country are you located in?

Case wise I'd also go with a fractal define r6 over the silent base, an absolutely wonderful case imo.

These are personal choices, I just think they're both better than the components you're listing.

Solution
Sep 8, 2020

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll definitely check both of them ASAP.
I'm from Italy

Thrown that together on partpicker, it's around your budget and is absolutely solid.

Virtually silent, running the same cooler myself (but not the rgb which isn't in stock anywhere but you won't see it anyway) on a ryzen 7 in a fractal case.
Temps don't exceed 60c even at 1000rpm.

About the only thing you could possibly hear coming from that case (apart from very low fan noise) is the rx 580 under heavy gaming load.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€300.51 @ Amazon Italia)
CPU Cooler: SilentiumPC Fortis 3 RGB HE1425 CPU Cooler (€42.90 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard (€151.43 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (€137.74 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€139.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout ATX Mid Tower Case (€141.00 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€112.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €1026.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-15 10:07 CEST+0200

Sep 8, 2020
Thrown that together on partpicker, it's around your budget and is absolutely solid.

Virtually silent, running the same cooler myself (but not the rgb which isn't in stock anywhere but you won't see it anyway) on a ryzen 7 in a fractal case.
Temps don't exceed 60c even at 1000rpm.

About the only thing you could possibly hear coming from that case (apart from very low fan noise) is the rx 580 under heavy gaming load.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€300.51 @ Amazon Italia)
CPU Cooler: SilentiumPC Fortis 3 RGB HE1425 CPU Cooler (€42.90 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard (€151.43 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (€137.74 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€139.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout ATX Mid Tower Case (€141.00 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€112.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €1026.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-15 10:07 CEST+0200

Noise while gaming is not an issue, it's important that the pc will remain as quiet as possile during computing/afk time.
Thank you for your help