[SOLVED] Suggestions on very bad hdd

Oct 31, 2019
So I have a bad hdd with non vital data, all of which have already been backuped, save for some 6 files and a folder filled with a friend's files that really aren't important to me. At any rate the replacement hdd has already been bought and installed and running.

SMART values indicate:
View: https://imgur.com/a/6KtCMEn

current pending sector count - 2456
uncorrectable sector count - 2456

Drive is a Seagate ST000DM000 4 tb (never buying this one again), and Seatools fix all long failed. Check disk got stuck. What should I do with the drive? Throwing it away seems like a waste so, can I full format it and use as non vital temporary storage? Or pagefile? Or anything but paperweight? I need suggestions since I don't like to waste my stuff, and throwing it away will possibly ruin the environment.

Oct 31, 2019
an unrelated question, will an unpowered hdd be damaged if they are bumped? I am paranoid whenever i buy a new hardware. when i bought a new hdd i didnt like the way the seller handled the hdd. he didnt bump it or drop it or hit it or shake it, but he did place it on the table with a thud. i tend to be very delicate with hdd, treating them like glassware. so will the new hdd be damaged? scan shows no bad sector.