Aug 28, 2019
Hi, so I'm planning to build my first ever PC and here are the specs I've chosen. I'd like an opinion on things I could change or if this is good? I plan to use this PC for general use, but also to game on it. If needed I can go 100 or 200 euros up (for a well worthy upgrade/change or something practical).
Btw, is my PSU overkill? Even if I OC? Should I go for 550W? Is 550W enough for OCing?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xbWymq
Note: The GPU is actually around 300, I don't know why it's showing around 700.

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Yes a 650W PSU isn't necessary, but the PRIME series are excellent PSUs and going 650W can leave you room to change components in the future with no hassle if you so wish. But 550W is plenty at this point if you want to save some money.

Also what is your main usage? Gaming/Editing?
What monitor resolution/refresh rate etc.?
You could probably save money on the SSDs.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Yes a 650W PSU isn't necessary, but the PRIME series are excellent PSUs and going 650W can leave you room to change components in the future with no hassle if you so wish. But 550W is plenty at this point if you want to save some money.

Solution
Aug 28, 2019

Well the price difference between the 550W and 650W is only 20 euros.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xbWymq
You can see the parts I've chosen.
So 1440p monitor, 144Hz.
Just general use, but also to game. Also looking to edit stuff.