Suggestions to modify build?

Ummmmmmm

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
So i'm building a new PC, or rather, having it built, as I'm afraid ill f*ck something up. Was wondering if there were better options (staying in the same price range) other than the ones I'll list:

Intel i5 4670K
MSI H87-G43 Gaming
Corsair CX750 Bronze
MSI GTX 760 TWIN-FROZR IV OC (2gb GDDR5)
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200RPM
Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower (white, window)
Adata XPG V2 8GB (2x4) CL10 1600 MHz
Windows 7, 64-bit
Set up and test.

(915€ /w tax)

Feedback pls

I wouldn't have ever believed it, but the addition of a good SSD like the Samsung 840 Evo or 840 Pro will supercharge your system. Almost always the performance bottleneck occurs in the I/O. A good SSD lessens the restriction and gives your overall performance a swift kick in the pants.

dariens007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
SSD do have some downsides such as Long term data retention, less space, and sometiems issue with data corrution in the event of power loss. i'd stick with the standard harddrive. an ssd is performance king but it comes with other potential issues as well.

Ummmmmmm

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014

Estonia (Baltic States)

arvutitark.ee
for reference, although i think it's only in estonian, all names of products mostly in english though.

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

Maybe but I think generally America is less expensive the taxes here are pretty high I know here in Germany sales taxes are 20 percent. If you ordered from Germany you would pay the German sales tax plus the US sales tax and whatever other fees or customs charges. Now if you are in Europe like the OP is you only pay sales tax of the country of origin it is like shipping from state to state in America. It may however be cheaper if you are ordering a R9 series graphics card because of the Mining thing

I have to highly disagree with this. An SSD has no moving parts. They are much more durable than a standard HDD. You don't have to worry so much with dropping them and destroying the drive. Drop a conventional HDD on a hard surface and there is a good chance that it will be damaged. The service life of SSD's is in some cases over a million hours as well (granted, that is only on high end models). The conventional HDD is on it's way out the door, giving way to SSD's. In a few years there won't even be HDD's on the shelves in stores. They're going to end up like the big, boxy TV's that we had before flat screens. Dinosaurs! And like the dinosaurs, they will go extinct.

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

Yeah they fixed the issues with life span.

All I'm saying is that the pros far outweigh the cons with SSD's. The only reason that HDD's are still being sold at all is because of the relatively high price of SSD's. But as the technology becomes older and the prices drop, you can kiss the HDD goodbye. They will be like the Atari (the original Atari) that I have from when I was a kid. Just a souvenir from the past.

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

Can you post some newer articles talking about this problem please

Of all the parts on my computer that I cherish most, it's my 512GB Samsung 840 Pro. I absolutely love the thing.

This comes straight from the warranty information on the 840 Pro:
5 years limited warranty.
* For enterprise applications, 5 years limited warranty assumes a
maximum average workload
of 40GB/day (calculated based on host
writes and on the industry standard of 3-month data retention).
Workloads in excess of 40GB/day are not covered under warranty.
** For enterprise usage, a mini
mum of 6.7% over-provisioning (OP)
is recommended.

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

5 years is a nice warranty

Exactly. SSD's are here to stay. They only get better with time, as you pointed out with the data retention issue being addressed. Having used one now for a while, I'll never buy another HDD as long as I live unless I just want massive storage for movies or something. But as time goes by, SSD's will get bigger, the price will come down, and HDD's will be sticking their head between their legs in order to kiss their @$$es goodbye. LOL

No If we order from Amazon in America we don't pay sales tax in America! There is no tax if you buy on Amazon here.

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

It depends on what State you live in.
PS. My family is half American