Hi. I have the below config,

FX 8350 Black Edition 4.0 GHz
Gigabyte GA78 LMT USB3 r2
1x Corsair ValueSelect 4gb 1600MHz
1x Corsair ValueSelect 8gb 1333MHz
MSI GTX 1060 3GB Armor
1 WD Green 128GB SSD
1 WD Green 1TB SATA HDD

Right now I am using a Frontech Power supply called Frontech JIL2430 which claims that its a 800w supply but it has twice been replaced because it burned/stopped working when I ran the system for a longer period of time. Later i found out that the 12v rail has a 25amp output.(dont know what it has to do but read online that this is something to look at)

What I wanna know is, is this PSU enough for the power my config needs?
If not, then what is a moderately suitable PSU I should get that will be sufficient for the power consumption of the above config without it getting burnt after a few days or hours? By moderately suitable, i mean not very high end and expensive but something that can give the required power and is decently priced.

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thankz for all the help in advance.

You're not going to find any decent power supplies for less than that. $46 is actually a great deal. But look at evga, they have daily sales and you may score a comparable supply for less. Any of the cheaper corsair supplies aren't as good. Always remember a psu is not something you want to cheap out on, your whole system depends on it.

TRENDING THREADS