[SOLVED] Suitable Small Machine Just For Remote Desktop and Playing Musci

barnyard80

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I need a small basic PC that can do the following:

- Display a 4K remote desktop
- Wifi
- Bluetooth

I've heard of Chrome Boxes, Thin Clients and Raspberry Pis. How should I go about selecting which of these will most suit my needs?

Solution

• Display a 4K remote desktop
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth

I've heard of Chrome Boxes, Thin Clients and Raspberry Pis. How should I go about selecting which of these will most suit my needs?
There is no concept of a "4K remote desktop" unless your host is 4K. The remote desktop will scale to the size of the desktop of the client.
The desktop is not rendered on the remote host. It is rendered on the client. The GPU on the remote host is not used in remote desktop.
With Win 10, if you have a remote session on a host, then local session is suspended. Normally, only one login can be active at a time with Win 10.

kanewolf

Titan

• Display a 4K remote desktop
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth

There is no concept of a "4K remote desktop" unless your host is 4K. The remote desktop will scale to the size of the desktop of the client.
The desktop is not rendered on the remote host. It is rendered on the client. The GPU on the remote host is not used in remote desktop.
With Win 10, if you have a remote session on a host, then local session is suspended. Normally, only one login can be active at a time with Win 10.

Solution