suitable videocard for 4k tv

cristi77

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2012
i bought a 4k tv recently ( it was a steal in the tv shop) but my computer has only an amd r7 370 video card that does not supports 4k

i did everthing in my power to put something, anything from pc to tv through hdmi 2.0 cable, but the best result was the image of my desktop in a tiny square in the center of my tv and all black around that square

now comes the blow i connected the same cable from the tv to my laptop hdmi output and boom, the laptop wallpaper was upscaled to my whole 4k screen

and my latop doesnt have any videocard, is just what comes from the laptop mainboard and windows software

still , ill need something suitable to put my pc screen on my tv to watch sport tv internet streams mainly

NO GAMES.

what can you advice ? thank you

also if you know why the laptop did what my pc couldnt

thank you

Solution
The r7 370 supports 4k/60 over dp. It does not have hdmi 2.0 to support it at 60hz over hdmi. You could change it to 24hz if the tv doesn't have dp. The laptop has to have 2.0 if it works on there and having a dgpu is irrelevant as igpus can have 2.0. If you still want to buy a new gpu, a 1030 would be fine. It is weaker than the 370 though.
The r7 370 supports 4k/60 over dp. It does not have hdmi 2.0 to support it at 60hz over hdmi. You could change it to 24hz if the tv doesn't have dp. The laptop has to have 2.0 if it works on there and having a dgpu is irrelevant as igpus can have 2.0. If you still want to buy a new gpu, a 1030 would be fine. It is weaker than the 370 though.

Solution

cristi77

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2012

what is dp?

@AnimeMania hisense model 43h6307

thank you