Schmock

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2003
Hi,
I've bought a SUMA 9500 Pro.
My Problem is that my computer doesn't boot Windows and i have only a black screen on my monitor. I think it could be a problem with my mainboard or my power supply. Here are the details about those components:
Mainboard: Ms-6382 (Via chipset)
Power Supply:300 Watt

I hope you can help me!!
cya Schmock

cleeve

Illustrious
300 watt is pushing it.

I'd start off by trying the video card in someone else's system (with at LEAST a 350 watt power supply.

If it works, try it in your system again, but borrow their power supply and see if it works. If it does, get yourself a decent one.

If it still doesn't work, it's probably your motherboard... does your old video card still work?

------------------
Radeon 9500 (hardmodded to PRO, o/c to 322/322)
AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (o/c to 2600+ with 143 fsb)
3dMark03: 4055

Schmock

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2003
hi
my old video card still works but i think the bios is maybe too old. i think the power supply is strong enough because there are 30A at 5V, and i think that's the most important for the video cards.
cya Schmock

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
It depends on the quality of the power supply. I had a generic power supply rated, supposedly, at 300W, but it cost about $13 new. My computer's power would randomly reset when I OC'd my Athlon or my GF4 Ti card- but only when I OC'd. Generic power supplies are not only rated inadequately- 25% of generic PSs stop working withing 3 months, and they don't provide as good protection in the event of a power surge. If I were you I would get a 350 or 400W power supply from a reputable company like Antec or Seasonic, to name but a few. I'm using my 9500 Pro with a Fortron 400W and I've never once had a power issue.