Question Summing up my new build - graphic design, overall productivity and time-proof factor

clearance

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013
Hello,
I'm looking for some final advise on my new PC build plans. I've been reading and posting a lot for last 3 weeks and i guess i'm about to sum up. Please comment on overall compatibility and let me know if there's anything i should pay more attention to.

new build dedication: mostly work, graphic design, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Wacom tablet painting, probably will get into After Effects soon. Probably won't be getting into Premiere or 3D. Also a nice all-around machine, future-proof, capable of smooth workflow for at least few years. I like gaming but it's not a priority, besides i'm not changing my current GPU for quite a while.

parts i'll swap over from my current config.: Samsung 870 SATA SSD 500GB, WD Black 1TB HDD, Asus RTX 2060 6 GB.
budget: i live outside the US, UK or Euro zone so it's more of an approximation: $980-990

• CPU: i decided to finally go with i5 13600K - seems like the best performance for the buck. It's expensive, but still acceptable.
  • cooling: i'm not listing it, it's a local market product - air cooling tower with 2 fans - tests show it's almost an equivalent of Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo 2x120mm
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 D DD4 LGA1700 - seems like the best deal with Z790, supposed to have very decent VRM's
  • RAM: Kingston Fury DDR4, 32 GB, 3200MHz, CL16. I don't think DDR5's make much sense if i don't want to spend more than i already plan to (which is actually more than i expected in the beginning)
  • M.2 drive: Kingston FURY Renegade or Kingston KC3000 gen4 NVMe. Either 1TB or 500GB.
  • PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 750W
  • case is a local product - well ventilated with mesh front and 4 fans (3front+1back)

Now my concerns are mainly:
  • this 13th gen CPU is known for it's huge power consumption and very high temperatures. I plan to undervolt it for sure, but don't know if it i'll be issue-free product overall
  • Will the cooling be sufficient? I think it will, but i've seen many people on the internet recommend AIO's for this CPU. I'm a bit afraid of AIO's, problems they might cause, maintenance. Besides if i go with AIO it's well over my budget.
  • will the RAM be compatible with the motherboard? (this page say's it will i guess)
  • Does it make sense to buy a FURY renegade SSD or spend slightly less and go with KC3000? I think they perform almost exactly the same. Does it make sense to buy 500GB drive anymore? Is 1TB necessary for boot/main drive?

Reactions: Why_Me