sumsung m3 does not power

Mar 20, 2018
My sumsung m3 portable harddrive was working till their was a power cut to my pc, this happened when i was copying too and from the M3 DRIVE. Once Power was back the power signal lights on the drive could not show,though i feel it spinning but can not see the drive. its a 2T Drive. any possible solutions, the drive has my data

Removed, don't post your personal information on a public forum

Solution
I'll assume that you don't have a backup. (you should ALWAYS have a backup)

If the data is really important immediately stop trying to use the drive as you could just be damaging it further. Reach out to a recovery service like drivesavers. You're probably looking at $800-$1200 to recover but they will tell you whether or not they were able to recover your data before you have to pay.
If the data isn't $800-$1200 important and you don't mind possibly permanently losing all the data (may have already happened anyway) you could try to crack open the enclosure, pick up a cheap 2.5" to USB adapter and plug the drive in that way. Sometimes it's the circuitry in the enclosure that went bad and the drive will be fine.

Good luck!
I'll assume that you don't have a backup. (you should ALWAYS have a backup)

If the data is really important immediately stop trying to use the drive as you could just be damaging it further. Reach out to a recovery service like drivesavers. You're probably looking at $800-$1200 to recover but they will tell you whether or not they were able to recover your data before you have to pay.
If the data isn't $800-$1200 important and you don't mind possibly permanently losing all the data (may have already happened anyway) you could try to crack open the enclosure, pick up a cheap 2.5" to USB adapter and plug the drive in that way. Sometimes it's the circuitry in the enclosure that went bad and the drive will be fine.

Good luck!

Solution