richard_yang

Prominent
Nov 23, 2018
Hello!
I need help with my computer and the issue with my backscreen not working and app crashes
Some background info:
Model: Asus taichi 21
CPU: i5-3317U
intel (r) HD Graphics 4000
4GB ddr3 RAM
So my laptop has 2 displays, one on the front and one on the back

What happened: I was using my computer at home and everything was fine when suddenly my pc TURNED OFF and after I turned it back on everything was fine and i checked event viewer. I saw multiple logs about a application called sunpluscaller crashing. I did not know what it was so i searched it up. I found many things talking about how back screen resolution errors and the screen not working entirely having related to sunpluscaller.exe. I did not have this problem myself. (untill now)

So i tried to see if my backscreen would work because i use it ALOT. And in fact yes it would change my resolution to 640 X 480 or 800 X 600. And some time after my pc crashed AGAIN so by then i tried system restore but then it told me my :/C DRIVE HAD ERRORS. So i checked for errors and repaired but in the middle of that IT CRASHED FOR NO REASON.

By then i was worried but for once it worked without crashing and i got my sytem restored. Now there is no crashing but I would like to use my backscreen again as it is VERY usefull. If anyone knows anything about this please tell me about it thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: