SunVolt Solar Charger Promises ''Outlet-Like'' Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Seriously? Motorola and Nokia have the biggest and most hyped announcment in years, covered by every tech website worth reading and this story is the best you can come up with?
Disgusted, sick of tuning in to Tom's with news so irrellevant or out of date I may as well get my tech news from I Can Haz Cheezburger

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Nowaylol[/nom]That is some terrible soldering right there[/citation]

Do I need new glasses?
Where do you see soldering in the photos ?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Disgusted, sick of tuning in to Tom's with news so irrellevant or out of date I may as well get my tech news from I Can Haz Cheezburger[/citation]
So sorry to hear of your troubles. You may want to replace your browser or maybe even your entire computer if it is forcing you to only be able to browse TH. I personally have never heard of such a virus, but hey, with a mind as simple as yours, you've probably applied for many a free iPod, and gotten your system into a strange state. Good luck.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]So sorry to hear of your troubles. You may want to replace your browser or maybe even your entire computer if it is forcing you to only be able to browse TH. I personally have never heard of such a virus, but hey, with a mind as simple as yours, you've probably applied for many a free iPod, and gotten your system into a strange state. Good luck.[/citation]
Sarcasm fail, I obviously know about the articles as I do read other websites, smartass
I come here because the other forum members are generally bright and intelligent, must be having an off day today though...

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Seriously? Motorola and Nokia have the biggest and most hyped announcment in years, covered by every tech website worth reading and this story is the best you can come up with?[/citation]
Got a point though, where are the Nokia & Moto stories?

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
sunvolt charging system... better known as 1/3 of a solar panel LOL! Cool idea though... might include this in my prepping plan so I can have a charged ipod and recharge my tv remote batteries after the apocalypse...

[edit] what would be really nice is if they had a small inverter and battery pack on it so you could get lets say an hour worth of 15A (roughly 1650w) of power instead of 15W of power. Then you could get some real use out of this idea other than carrying around a laptop size bag to charge your phone with.

This is the issue I have with people pushing green energy on us... they want us to believe its just as good as what we're used to and its not... at least not without a LOT more scaling up. Sure you can run several hundred homes off of the largest solar plant in the world (in spain) but its only 20MW and takes up several square miles IIRC. The amount of power generated by the average coal plant is around 650MW of power and its about the size of a football field or two. Currently at least, solar is a horrible alternative.

It would almost be easier for the people behind this project to give you a small propane tank, a metal container, some pipes, and a fan attached to a small electric motor via a shaft and have you create your own electricity like that (just add water). Would cost about 100 bucks for all that too and would generate WAY more power. Just wouldnt be as convenient to carry.

jamie_1318

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
How are these things considered news?

I literally could walk into my room and build one right now.

It looks like this

Solar Panel--->battery---->inverter

All of which I have bits and pieces lying around waiting to be recycled. There isn't any "new" technology in it at all, it isn't even a new idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.