[SOLVED] Super annoying internet drops only on my PC

Jabes2345

Distinguished
May 18, 2014
Hello,

Recently the wired connection only on my PC is CONSTANTLY dropping for no reason. I recently formatted my hard drives so I'm pretty much on a fresh system.
I've already downloaded all drivers for my motherboard on MSI's website (chipset, LAN, AHCI/SATA Controller, Most recent BIOS) as well as all Windows updates.

I ran a command prompt to ping google constantly to see what happens when it drops and this is what I see:
Knu4fs4.png

Other things I've tried is resetting the modem, switching ports on the modem, disabling efficient energy on the device manager for the network controller. This also only started happening recently (~ a week ago) and there are times when it doesn't cut out at all. Since my cable is routed throughout the house since my PC is a ways from the modem, it will be hard to try a new cable but I doubt the cable is problem.

Solution
It's either faulty Nic, router port, cable between router and wall, cable in the wall to your room or flakey contacts between rj45 ports and corresponding cable ends. Trying your PC in another room with network access would be the next step to rule out network cable / joint related issue.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It's either faulty Nic, router port, cable between router and wall, cable in the wall to your room or flakey contacts between rj45 ports and corresponding cable ends. Trying your PC in another room with network access would be the next step to rule out network cable / joint related issue.

Solution