Question Super annoying sound from pc

Feb 28, 2019
My pc is making the most annoying sound all the time...!
Its a high pitch sound - it sounds like a high coil whine...
The fun part of it all, is that if i press gently on the top of the case or tilt the pc very little, the sound stops compeletly...?

My setup:
MSI 1080ti gaming x
i5-8600k
Asus z370-f
Enermax liqfusion 240mm
Nzxt s340 elite
2x250gb ssd (raid 0)
128gb pm961 nvme
Corsair RM850x mkII (2) - white

The oldest part is about 1,5 years old

I dont have any HDDs and i've tried turning off all the fans - the sound is still there

Do you have an electric reading thingy that you can put on the case? It could be some electric problem somewhere that is earthing through you when you touch it. You could try plugging the pc into another socket, or directly into the wall socket if it is not already.

Feb 28, 2019
Do you have an electric reading thingy that you can put on the case? It could be some electric problem somewhere that is earthing through you when you touch it. You could try plugging the pc into another socket, or directly into the wall socket if it is not already.
I dont know why i havent thought about that :tearsofjoy:
But i will definitely try that!

And im not sure what you mean by "electric reading thingy":tearsofjoy:

Feb 28, 2019
I dont know why i havent thought about that :tearsofjoy:
But i will definitely try that!

And im not sure what you mean by "electric reading thingy":tearsofjoy:

I meant one of those voltmeters that you could use to test whether live electric is present on your case. But it is quite likely that there is a short somewhere causing the fault. Other things you could try include using a spare PSU should you have one available, or another GPU should you have one available.