Super Awesome Deal on id & Bethesda on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Just picked up oblivion. Own the game on disk already, but at that price you can't say no to having a re-downloadable backup.

wonder if the daily deals will just be other games from that pack, or if some new ones might get discounted.

anthropophaginian

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
Not ALL current generation. The new wolfenstein isn't there (but at less than a year old, it's not a surprise). It's a good deal if you don't have the games, although some of the original prices are completely ridiculous... well actually nearly all of them.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Damn you Top's Hardware, this is going to make me spend 70$ on more wonderful time wasters... Better get it now before girlfriend gets back from vacation...

Grrr...

yzfr1guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Holy Aimbot that's one h3ll of a deal!!!! That entire package is worth it for FO3 and Oblivian IV alone!!! Go Go Go!

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Drag0nR1der[/nom]Am I the only one thinking that, having already bought Fallout 3 and been thoroughly unimpressed with Oblivion this just isn't worth it?[/citation]
no Im with you ... I have 90% of these games already and dont play them. Would be only as a downloadable backup that I would spend the money ... but then id never play any of them anyway... I mean who wants to play a game that's going on 20 years old? Well me... I just ran through doom 1 and 2 a couple of weeks ago but that's not the point.

isamuelson

Distinguished
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]I know they are not from Bethesda, but it's too bad Fallout 1 & 2 are not included.[/citation]

You can get those from GOG at excellent prices. I think they're on Steam as well for about $15 a piece, maybe even less.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
My brother pointed this out to me earlier.
I'm broke, but I may go for it anyways. -_-

I'd much prefer if it was just oblivion and fallout 3 together for $20 though. Maybe Fallout 3 will never be cheap. :(

Reminds me of the summer sale on steam though. For a little over $200, I got ~35 excellent games. If I spend much over these next few days of sales, my pc game collection will finally overshadow my console game collection. :D

[citation][nom]Drag0nR1der[/nom]Am I the only one thinking that, having already bought Fallout 3 and been thoroughly unimpressed with Oblivion this just isn't worth it?[/citation]

If Oblivion didn't impress you then theres no hope for you! =P

spankle

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Forget owning a physical copy, the problem I have with these packages is that I already purchased some of these games on Steam. They should credit the original purchase when you buy one of these packages, otherwise they are losing business on some of these otherwise great deals. I bought the Doom package when it was cheap, and while it would only cost me $10 on this deal, that combined with the craptastic/too-old-to-be-worth-my-time in this mix make it enough of a drawback that I have to pass.

I missed this "summer sale" that was mentioned, when did that happen? I look forward to this year's Christmas sale though, that's when I go wild picking up great titles/packages for $2.50-$10 each.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Morrowind alone is worth the $70. =D Such an amazing game - much better than Oblivion.

There's also the matter of DLC. If you haven't bought the DLC for Fallout, that's where you can say $50 dollars went.

MountainFlip

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
I can't stop thinking about this deal. I don't even play video games anymore! I religiously played these games growing up so it is hard to turn down having an online copy of everything.

I am still contemplating....

Status
Not open for further replies.