[SOLVED] Super confused Bottleneck

Gruesomepc

Commendable
Mar 3, 2020
I recently purchased a 6900xt to pair with a 9700k until the new ryzen cpu's come out. I'm using the AMD overlay for benchmarking when in games I turn up settings to 1440p and ultra settings, the games stay at a high framerate, but my GPU utilization says it's at 45-80%, which is insanely low, I would think my CPU utilization is about the same 50-70% is this a bottleneck or is the AMD overlay just not great at showing accurate statistics? PS I have GeForce now RTX 3080 and the frame rates on my 6900xt are better just a little insight into the performance I'm getting.

Solution
Not reaching 100% CPU/GPU utilization is good since it means you aren't hitting any hard bottleneck except possibly single-threaded performance on the CPU which defines how quickly the performance-limiting thread can run on a given CPU and sets the frame rate ceiling for it.

The GPU being pegged at 100% would actually be a problem since it usually translates into massive FPS dips during explosions and other VFX-intensive events due to no headroom to accommodate them.

InvalidError

Titan
Not reaching 100% CPU/GPU utilization is good since it means you aren't hitting any hard bottleneck except possibly single-threaded performance on the CPU which defines how quickly the performance-limiting thread can run on a given CPU and sets the frame rate ceiling for it.

The GPU being pegged at 100% would actually be a problem since it usually translates into massive FPS dips during explosions and other VFX-intensive events due to no headroom to accommodate them.

Solution

Gruesomepc

Commendable
Mar 3, 2020
I did in fact still have Nvidia drivers still installed so I did a complete pc reset which took 5 hours but I am now running a good majority of games closer to my full graphics card usage thanks.

TRENDING THREADS