Super Flower Announces Leadex Platinum 850W PSU Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Pretty cheap for a Platinum Certified PSU, but who is Super Flower? Also 70 amps running on one rail?

Super Flower is actually a high-end Japanese PSU manufacturer. I'd place it at Seasonic's level.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I love the specs and the color scheme but please lose that "Flower" name. It's almost bad as "butterfly". Probably fine for Japanese market but not for American or elsewhere.

Super Flower was never a Japanese company.

Super Flower is based in New Taipei City, Taiwan. Its manufacturing facilities are in mainland China.

They don't retail in North America, South America, Australia or Africa. Only Asia, Europe and the Dominican Republic.

This is probably the wrong place to say this, but isn't the price a bit high for at least the American market (United States). I literally *just* bought an evga 1300W gold certified for like 180, shipped. Is the platinum cert that much of a markup?

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
"This power supply is built to provide juice for heavy gaming systems, and as such, it has support for up to three graphics cards."
-Or for a distributed computing rig or some other number crunching purpose ;)

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
This is probably the wrong place to say this, but isn't the price a bit high for at least the American market (United States). I literally *just* bought an evga 1300W gold certified for like 180, shipped. Is the platinum cert that much of a markup?
Yes.

Wow.I guess that's pretty cool then, I hear good things about the Super Flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.