matthewmurphy57

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018
Hi guys, so i upgraded from an i5 8400 to an i7 8700 not so long ago, after buying a new cooler the tx3 evo, which kept my i5 VERY cool. However when used with my i7, in most games it runs at around 80 degrees or even tipping over, so its abit worrying i would like it to be around 60 really. I'm not sure if I need to delid (though I don't have the facilities for that) Or if the cooler isn't enough. Its also worth mentioning that the 4th pin on my cooler wouldn't go all the way in, so maybe that's a factor yet it was the same with the i5 and that was very cool. im very short on money so cant afford to be splashing out on getting it delidded and a new cpu cooler.

PC:

H310cm-dv
2X8GB Corsair Vengeance
RTX 2070 SUPER
I7 8700
CX650M POWER SUPPLY

Solution
Hi guys, so i upgraded from an i5 8400 to an i7 8700 not so long ago, after buying a new cooler the tx3 evo, which kept my i5 VERY cool. However when used with my i7, in most games it runs at around 80 degrees or even tipping over, so its abit worrying i would like it to be around 60 really. I'm not sure if I need to delid (though I don't have the facilities for that) Or if the cooler isn't enough. Its also worth mentioning that the 4th pin on my cooler wouldn't go all the way in, so maybe that's a factor yet it was the same with the i5 and that was very cool. im very short on money so cant afford to be splashing out on getting it delidded and a new cpu cooler.

PC:

H310cm-dv
2X8GB Corsair Vengeance
RTX 2070 SUPER
I7 8700
CX650M...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

PC:

H310cm-dv
2X8GB Corsair Vengeance
RTX 2070 SUPER
I7 8700
CX650M POWER SUPPLY
You need a better cooler to get better temps.
80C is not to bad I'm surprised it's doing that good.

Solution

matthewmurphy57

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018
hi yeah sorry for the late reply i havent been on my pc too much recently ive been working, just before i look into a cpu cooler like a cryorig (money issues) i just wanted to check if my voltages were okay and if i changed my offset voltage by -0.05 would that help keep my temps 80 and below? as i was reaching in the 91 degree territory the other night whilst on apex and it was uncomfortable to say the least. Also capping my fps at 60 reduces temps greatly, however i dont want to play my games like that.

My voltages on an idle cpu are between 1.25 to 1.3 volts fluctuating on average. It wont let me put my ss in the message.