'Super Mario Run' Hits 40 Million Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
The problem with the game, 1st it rated 2-2.5 on AppStore. 2nd they charge you 14$ if you want to continue playing after 3 levels. 3rd, (speculation) more levels will be released and if you need to play them you wil have to buy them separately -> tons of $$.
Also from what I read the ticket things to race vs your friends you will need to buy them (You get some free but if you want to play more you will have to buy them).

TheViper

Distinguished

Almost everything you just posted is wrong.
It's $10, not $14. And no other micro-transactions or fees exist. Rally Tickets are earned or traded for, not bought. New levels also won't cost anything extra but they have no plans for new levels yet anyway.

One more thing, many of the low ratings are from people that have never bought anything on the App Store and are knocking Nintendo for their unfamiliarity of buying an app (regardless of price). This means they've tapped a market that normally doesn't even play games....again.

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015

I hate to argu with other people but first you assumed I was wrong about the price, so check this "http://imgur.com/a/D9het", yea maybe I forgot to mention that 14$ on AppStore (Canada). Second, so all these low rating are from people who have no clue what they are doing neither they play games.

Lastly, how can you be so sure that there will be no other purchases with more levels, mainly what you will buy now is 6-levels only?

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
meh, trow numbers all you want, don't care, it's a mobile game, too casual and nobody will remember it or hang around like the true gamers that buy full games from Nintendo,

why bother, mario bros on 3ds are 20$ used and you have so much more !

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
This game screams the phrase "you can't please everyone". People dont want to pay a set fee for a full game, people also dont like micro transactions and people hate in game ads. So to please everyone, Nintendo should release Mario Run as a free to play game with no micro transaction and no ads and make absolutely no money off it. They should do this for all mobile games and also make sure that there are timely updates and new stages every month. Making absolutely no money at all and keeping up with content while pleasing everyone. Such a great business model, I dont know why all business dont do this.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
no, release it at 5 dollars, and don't charge for anything else

the game in general, will be forgotten quickly, if i can't use a gamepad or more than jump by tapping the screen, it is not fun

beans4you

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Hey Tom, Ford ads are breaking the mobile responsiveness and leaving some comments unreadable on this site. Just saying.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Great play n toss game.
Has about 3-4 hours of useful entertainment value then it drops from there(cause thats how long it takes to "beat" it).

Anyways, I would rather much prefer a SMB3/2/1 port than this....

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Huh. I was guessing it'd be an AR game, somehow related to running. I guess that'd be a tricky thing to get right.

This is much lower risk and if even 10% of downloaders buy the full version, that's $40 M of revenue. And I always thought the biggest problem with Wii U is that it bundled its own tablet. They should've just supported any Android/iOS tablet or phone.

Still, I'm waiting for the next sign that Pokemon Go wasn't just a flash in the pan.

TheViper

Distinguished

Because they've already stated this is the only fee they will charge for the game. They will not apply any micro-transactions. Their pricing strategy is that the first 3 levels is a demo and then you buy the whole game. If new content is released, it's added to the game you already bought. However, they currently do not plan to add any new levels either.

And there are 24 levels, not 6. There are 6 worlds with 4 levels each. Levels 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3 are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.