G

Yes, and yes. I actually don't recommend the orbs though because the circular area on the bottom is so small. I'm not sure of the spec for the intel FCPGA processor, but the AMD FCPGA processor heatsink spec is a minimum base size of 60x80 millimeters. (as an reference for the size think of the standard 80x80mm case fan). I'm sure AMD has this recommendation for a reason, and heat dissipation is just as important for either of the FCPGA processors (Intel and AMD). Note that you need to be REALLY carefull when installing the heatsink since the wafer is exposed. Alot of chips have been crunched due to excessive pressure. (the AMD spec for their FCPGA's is 12-28 pounds, IIRC). I bent the holding tab on all mine out a bit to reduce the pressure some (Intel is putting a metal cover over the new PIV processors because of crunching concerns). I think 28 pounds pushing on an exposed wafer is just a little TOO much. be _sure_ to use thermal compound though, the difference is very noticable.

G

I don't think that the Super Orbs are designed to hang on a Slocket. The Alpha PEP-66 is. Little more money, but the PEP-66 is specifically designed for Slockets.