Question super poor performance

Mar 12, 2019
This sunday midgame in Escape From Tarkov, all was fine with 100+ fps but then suddenly in the game my PC started performing bad, it still does - even after restarts both in the game and the pc itself. now i have performance issues in all games.
i've rollbacked from the new KB update and updated all drivers on my pc, i just can't figure why my pc performs so bad atm. help plox!

specs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
corsair vengeance 3000mhz ddr4 2x8 gb
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z370-P (LGA1151)
Graphics
HP 27er (1920x1080@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 ASUS turbo 1-fan
Storage
111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (SATA (SSD)) 28 °C
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 (SATA )
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 W
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

note: the temperature wasn't/isn't an issue

Last edited:
Any expert will tell you that you need to do a clean install of Windows when you change to a different motherboard on a system. You cannot rule out any of your issues until you have done that. It's quite normal that it will seemingly work fine for some time without a clean install, but it usually surfaces sooner or later in the form of unusual or under-performance.

Mar 12, 2019
Have you checked your temperatures to see whether anything might be overheating? And what kind of CPU cooler do you have? All-in-one water coolers can fail, at which point your CPU will throttle to keep temperatures within limits.
I always monitor my temperature when gaming, i've never had any problems with temperature, and i've double checked after the problem began. both CPU and GPU temperatures rarely go over 60 degrees C - even in gaming.
i have this cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212X (EU ver.)

Mar 12, 2019
Any expert will tell you that you need to do a clean install of Windows when you change to a different motherboard on a system. You cannot rule out any of your issues until you have done that. It's quite normal that it will seemingly work fine for some time without a clean install, but it usually surfaces sooner or later in the form of unusual or under-performance.
Is it enough to do that with Windows' own clean install option, or do i have to wipe everything and then install windows manually?