Mar 23, 2020
PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700xt
Asus ROG Strix b450-f gaming
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2x16 3200mhz
Some other Corsair Vengeance Ram 2x8 3200mhz
Corsair CXM 550W ATX Power Supply

My frames in fortnite are super stuttery dipping down into low 30s or 60s while playing the game on all low settings. I've tried tweaking the in game graphics but no matter what I can't get capped 144 fps in the battle royale mode. So i'm wondering if its something on my end? Or are my parts just that outdated to where I should look into upgrading. I've tried wiping my pc and even stretched res but still can't get a steady 144 during fights and even just running around. If you have any suggestions just let me know, Thank you :)

I do get more than 200 fps at times but it all depends on where i am but overall I stutter down to around 80-90 fps while running though it can go even lower to 30s or 60s as mentioned above.

Solution
Stuttering usually caused by a momentary lack of cpu or other resource.
Your cpu is ok, but even the best will have an occasional stutter.
There can be internet delays, and if your game is on a HDD and not a ssd
Loading graphics can cause delay.

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? You mentioned games like Fortnite in your thread title, what other titles are exhibiting the same issue? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? OS version(not edition) if on Windows 10? You might want to try and download the latest drivers off of AMD's support site, then use DDU, uninstall all drivers, boot to Safe Mode and then manually install latest AMD driver in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Stuttering usually caused by a momentary lack of cpu or other resource.
Your cpu is ok, but even the best will have an occasional stutter.
There can be internet delays, and if your game is on a HDD and not a ssd
Loading graphics can cause delay.

Solution