Super Talent Launches Green Memory for iMac, MacBook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
At least for once, the "holding it wrong" will work, if is not set up properly, it won't work or not even fit...... though now that I realize it's a mac, I wonder how many will be willing to open their magical computers.

G

yea, you also need to spent a lot more green money to buy it.

G

Whats so different from DDR3 mac edition to a regular DDR3 ram, besides a higher price?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
if they wanted eco friendliness why didn't they released a DDR3U RAM module. Also, I think that they're preaching these memories to the wrong choir. People that use Mac don't have a history of changing the hardware from their computers, mostly because Apple voids the warranty if you open an iMac or a MacBook.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Whats so different from DDR3 mac edition to a regular DDR3 ram, besides a higher price?[/citation]
I honestly do not think there is any difference, just more money for the sake of getting more money.

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
@livebriand
It's not about saving in the electric bill is about the battery lasting a bit longer due to less energy used by the RAM.

@jupiter optimus maximus
yes the only difference is the price and that the company took the time to test the memory with a mac, all you have to do is read the reviews and find out whether the memory is mac compatible or not, and save some money. Its doesn't need to be mac compatible to work with mac.

@Vladislaus
thats a negative. Apple's does not void the warranty because you open a computer. besides the MacBook Air and the Retina, Apple consider the Ram and HHD user replaceable and DOES NOT void the warranty. I have had a few Macs I know this first hand. A few months ago they replaced the casing of a white macbook which I upgraded the HDD and the RAM.

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

Yes you can do it yourself without voiding the warranty. I don't know where people do people get that idea from, maybe from back in the day when apple made all their own hardware. At least i know that since they started using intel this has been possible. they even have a link in their website demonstrating the step by step process.
RAM: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1270?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US#link1
HARD DRIVE: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/MBPRO_13inch_Mid2009_Hard_Drive_DIY.pdf

I have an iMac and 2 MacBooks, I know this first hand. RAM and HDD is user replaceable some batteries too, depending on the model of the MacBook.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
A greener move would be for iCrap to produce devices that could be serviced, not throw away devices like it currently makes for its legions morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.