Super Talent, Toshiba Team Up to Make SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guys, it's MLC, not SLC; we're in 2009 not 2007!
We don't even know the performance yet..

Still too expensive!
Where are those pricedrops to $1/1GB analysts where proclaiming?

G

Cya in 2 - 3 years. But honestly, I don't think SSD will ever be a mass product.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Guys, it's MLC, not SLC; we're in 2009 not 2007!We don't even know the performance yet..Still too expensive!Where are those pricedrops to $1/1GB analysts where proclaiming?[/citation]

Analysts probably didn't factor in increasing corporate demand for SSDs, the ensuing chip shortage, and the increased complexity of the controllers... Next year, if they are even still relevant, and that is also an important factor. Something could come along and make them obsolete....

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Hmm...A SSD with a new, possibly immature controller? I think I'll stick with my Patriot Torqx drive and it's Indilinx Barefoot controller. This is the only controller that's been proven to match Intel's SSD controller in real world performance.

prakalejas

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
[citation][nom]buwish[/nom]Regardless of performance, SSD's just too expensive right now. Hopefully, we'll see some dramatic price decreases in the next couple of years.[/citation]
Just compare those prices to server 10K - 15K HDD and you'll find it reasonable enough.

jcddvm

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Does anyone know how this DX drive compares with their GX models? I can't seem to find any reviews or data for this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.