Superlux HD 668B or Audio-Technica M30X headphones for gaming?

Dylzan

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Hi, I have decided to upgrade from my Steelseries Siberia V2 as I feel that the sound quality is inferior for me now I have started using my computer to listen for music very often. However, I will be using this for gaming as well so would like a good balance between sound quality and comfort. I understand these aren't the only options and am open to suggestions around this price point. I am also looking at purchasing an Antlion Modmic to attach to my headset, although this is fairly expensive and I'm wondering if there are any similar quality options out there.
Thank you for reading and I look forward to your opinions.

Solution
Definitely Audio-Technica. Very respectable. Plus, if you look at the headbands, the Superlux has this weird half-headband, which from what ive heard from other headphone that have this, After you've been using them for a while, they tend to come loose and slip down onto your head. Also, as many people know, The ATH-M50's are very, VERY, regarded as "legendary" in the world of headphones. The ATH-M30's, were the predecessor to the M30x. The M30x fixes many of the problems the old one had, excluding sound quality, as the M30's already sounded great. The new M30x has new design and comfort changes, making it so it can fold, and has Better ear cups, and a better headband. Plus, the Superlux headphones are more fine tuned to be more for...

SharpHD

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
Definitely Audio-Technica. Very respectable. Plus, if you look at the headbands, the Superlux has this weird half-headband, which from what ive heard from other headphone that have this, After you've been using them for a while, they tend to come loose and slip down onto your head. Also, as many people know, The ATH-M50's are very, VERY, regarded as "legendary" in the world of headphones. The ATH-M30's, were the predecessor to the M30x. The M30x fixes many of the problems the old one had, excluding sound quality, as the M30's already sounded great. The new M30x has new design and comfort changes, making it so it can fold, and has Better ear cups, and a better headband. Plus, the Superlux headphones are more fine tuned to be more for studio and music production. As for the Modmic, I haven't seen any good alternatives to that, so that's your best bet.

cheers

Solution