Supermarioallstars save help

predimus81

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
So i purchased a super mario allstars + super mario world game cartridge. The problem i am having is that once i complete a level in mario 1-3 say the first stage i will hit save and quit, however instead of saving where i left off it starts me at the beginning of that world say i stop on world 1 stage 2 it starts that world all over from scratch is that normal? Or is it a battery issue/game issue?

I have never opened that game, It may be worth checking inside to see if it does in fact have a battery. To add to it, I find it strange that you still have a save for allstars showing that you are in world one.

That is also a rather rare game from what I have seen. I only saw all starts with mario world once in a hock shop(Wish I got it.).

Since you are also playing on a clone system, I would recommend trying a normal snes if you happen to have one.

predimus81

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013

I wish i had a a real snes to play on but i dont since i dont have a composite tv all my other game saves work fine super metroid, donkey kong country. I actually have 2 copies of super mario all-stars + world and they both do the samething. However my super mario 3 advance games saves like its supposed to. and super mario world saves fine just having the issue with super mario 1 through lost levels

predimus81

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
well i think i found the answer "The four games each feature enhanced 16-bit graphics and updated soundtracks to take advantage of the Super NES hardware, including parallax scrolling.[2] All four games offer a save feature, which the original games lacked, allowing the player to save progress and resume play from the start of any previously accessed world" this from wikapedia apparently its normal i do appreciate the help on the matter