SuperMicro H8SGL-F Drivers?

Skyl3r

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Hello All,

I've been trying to find the driver's for my H8SGL-F MOBO.
I downloaded the latest driver CD ISO from SuperMicro's website, but there's a surprising lack of drivers on the CD.
I'm entirely unsure if this is a difference between consumer hardware and server hardware.

I would expect to find chipset drivers, LAN drivers, Ethernet drivers, potentially SATA drivers, etc.

As far as I can tell, all the "drivers" on this CD are utilities rather than drivers. If someone has experience with SuperMicro motherboards, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.
These are the driver ISO's: ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/CDR_Images/CDR-APLUS2/

For an example, here's a screenshot of autorun on the CD (obviously pulled from ManualsLib):
tgWc112.png

The ATI install manager does not get chipset drivers or anything like that.
Am I missing something or is this really all there is? I am getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSoDs. I haven't yet done much debugging, but with the troubles with Drivers, I figured I better check on this first.

Solution
Similar motherboard using G34 sockets, the Asus KGPE-D16.
They list a very small 25.53 KBytes file for the Chipset.

Version 1.0.3.0020
Description
-AMD SR56X0
-NULL Driver for AMD IOV Devices Version 1.0.3.0020 for Windows 7 64 bit,Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit,Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 64 bit.
https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Servers-Workstations/KGPED16/HelpDesk_Download/
You have a AMD SR5650 + SP5100 Chipset. Possibly Windows 7 already has the file in its library.

Skyl3r

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Thanks for the response!

I've been to that link more times than I like to think about :) I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. If you follow the Driver's and Utilities link on that page and enter Windows 7 64-bit as the OS, it'll give the following drivers which are basically the same as what is on the CD.

F04hKGs.png

My question really is, should I be able to find a "chipset" driver?
Or perhaps all of these things listed are the chipset drivers?

Similar motherboard using G34 sockets, the Asus KGPE-D16.
They list a very small 25.53 KBytes file for the Chipset.

Version 1.0.3.0020
Description
-AMD SR56X0
-NULL Driver for AMD IOV Devices Version 1.0.3.0020 for Windows 7 64 bit,Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit,Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 64 bit.
https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Servers-Workstations/KGPED16/HelpDesk_Download/
You have a AMD SR5650 + SP5100 Chipset. Possibly Windows 7 already has the file in its library.

Solution