Question Supermicro X9SRG-F won't post/boot

Jun 21, 2020
Hi

So i have this problem that i wont get my motherboard to post. The leds wont light up and no fans starting to spin.

I only Installed the necessairy components: cpu, ram, cooler, psu.
then I noticed no led started to light up.

I tried putting in another cpu of the same model, i tried putting in only 1 ram stick also tried other ram sticks.

the only part im not sure about is the psu as it need to be ssi compliant.

Does anyone had this issue or knows how to solve my problem?
I would like to keep an atx psu no 1u chassis psu as it wont fit my custom case.

My current specs:

Motherboard: supermicro X9SRG-F
https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9SRG-F.cfm

Processor: intel xeon E5-1650 v2
Ram: 32gig ddr3 ecc
Psu: corsair cx550m

Kind regards

Aaron

Jun 21, 2020
The motherboard seems to have two 8pin EPS connectors, sure you use the right one? Maybe they even need to be both occupied. In that case is the CX550M not enough.

From the motherboard manual it seems like it uses 2 EPS connectors but the EPS connector of the psu doesnt fit on the mobo. Only the PCie connecters fit on the jwp2 and jwp3. used a multimeter to check the connectores ont the board and is compatible with the pcie.
is it possible the jwp1 power connector (atx 20 pin is only compatible with supermicro PSU?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looked at the manual and JWP2+3 are gpu power connectors so why those fit, seems like you only require JWP2 at first and 3 only when necessary, manual can be found in that link you gave,
you read that manual? I know it's quite a read, but might have answers to why it is not booting, info about jumpers that need to be placed on certain pins and more.

Think the 20 pin is just ATX, but cannot be 100% sure.

Jun 21, 2020
Looked at the manual and JWP2+3 are gpu power connectors so why those fit, seems like you only require JWP2 at first and 3 only when necessary, manual can be found in that link you gave,
you read that manual? I know it's quite a read, but might have answers to why it is not booting, info about jumpers that need to be placed on certain pins and more.

Think the 20 pin is just ATX, but cannot be 100% sure.

Yea i read the manual about 3 times allready. Should have mentioned it above but i allready checked the jumper settings so they are at default position.
Didnt check the atx 20 pin but i wish i did. Apperently the pinout is diffrent....
Standard atx pinout:
20200623-002316.jpg

My mobo pinout:
20200623-002251.jpg

Does this mean i fried my board cause i can swear i didnt smell something burnt. Or could it be safe because the psu on was never connected with ground?
Is it possible to change the standard pinout to my mobo pinout? I want to avoid spending alot of money buying the psu and power distributor.

Thnx.

TRENDING THREADS