Supported memory for Gigabyte H61M- D2H-USB3 motherboard

tpl

Nov 11, 2018
Hi all,

I have a Gigabyte H61M- D2H-USB3 motherboard currently with 2 ram modules of Kingston model KHX1333C9D3B1/4G and are working fine. I recently bought 2 ram modules with 8 GB each, (Kingston KHX1333C9D3B1K278GB), the problem is when I try to use this modules in my computer, the motherboards has 4 slots ans as per specs table max supported capacity is 16 GB, but if I insert the 2 new modules it can only detect 8GB (4 Gb per module), I have asked directly to Gygabite support page but they only reply the following:

About you case, it might have two possiblities:

a. this MB can only support per Slot max. 4 GB.

b. the MB have compatible problem with this RAM.

Can anyone help me? Do you know if could be option a and my MB only detects 4GB per module, and if option B is correct, someone know any way to confirm if vendor sold me 4 GB modules and changed label so It seems 8 GB? Is there any way to check authenticityfor these ram modules.

Thanks in advance and regards,
Tomás.

Kingston KHX1333C9D3B1K278GB is not a valid part number.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Modules sold as singles are not guaranteed to be compatible if used in multiples.

tpl

Nov 11, 2018
Thanks Ralston18,

I have already read this manual, but i can not understand If I can place 2 modules of 8 Gb, as I am using 64 bits Windows 10 OS, and only talks about limitation for 32 bits version, max capacity is 16 GB (the capacity I am currently trying)

4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory Š * Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.

Regarding modules installation I always use slots 1 and 3,but during installation I have tried several combinations with no success.

Regards,
Tomás.

tpl

Nov 11, 2018
Thanks Calvin,

I know that this module has not been tested by Kingston to work in my motherboard, but what I am asking is if this motherboard can recognice 8 GB module in one slot, as It is not clearly explained in the manual. They only talk about limitation of 16 GB for all slots, but is not mentioned if I can only use 4 GB per each of the 4 slots available or I can use 2 slots with 8 GB on each for turning out as 16 GB (motherboard´s limitation). I hope this explanation is more clear.

Additionally I have checked and memory was sold as a Kit of 2

Regards,
tomás.