Supposedly Dual-Channel memory is only showing as Single-Channel...

Apr 10, 2018
Hey everyone, so heres the dealio.

I have recently been upgraded from 6GB to 8GB of DDR3 RAM and now I have 2x4GB sticks in my machine although for some reason they are not showing up as Dual-Channel in my Speccy specs even though they have shown up as exactly that in the specs of my step dads machine and Dual-Channel RAM has easily worked in the past with the exact same build I am using now.

It is rather important because I have realized that only having 6GB of RAM before was limiting my framerates in games by a a large margin in the grand scheme of things so any help would be appreciated.

p.s - if you need any screenshots of anything let me know and dont cry in the answers section below saying "You didn't provide your ____" because I could easily do that if you have the decency to just ASK.

Solution
Maybe try Memtest86 or another test program, perhaps one stick is bad (Bad sticks can still show as counted toward the full amount in BIOS if they don't outright halt the boot). Another thing to try is to try booting from each stick individually. Dual channel mode can be fussy with timings etc as well. I'm assuming your current sticks came in a kit, together.
Maybe try Memtest86 or another test program, perhaps one stick is bad (Bad sticks can still show as counted toward the full amount in BIOS if they don't outright halt the boot). Another thing to try is to try booting from each stick individually. Dual channel mode can be fussy with timings etc as well. I'm assuming your current sticks came in a kit, together.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS