Question Suprim X 3080 Ti is running games at REALLY LOW FPS

Bubbabigsexy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2014
So I recently got my hands on a MSI Suprim X 3080 ti. I paid a ton of money for it. Before I had 980 Ti in sli, so this is supposed to be a huge upgrade. I had a guy install it for me with water cooling. It looks amazing. However, all the games I'm playing are still running as if I had the 980 Ti sli set up still in the pc. I'm also getting really low scores on 3DMark and Unigine Heaven 4.0. I'm running on a 144hz BenQ monitor at 1440p.

Unigine Heaven 4.0: The score was around 2500 which is short of the 4000 that I see posted by every one else.
3DMARK Time Spy: 7809, which is not even close to the average of 17,500.
Fire Strike Ultra: 4642, where the average is 12,500.

In games, I'm getting barely 45 fps in most games. RDR2 is giving me 45fps but I should be over 100, Crysis Remastered - 30fps, Necromunda: Hired Gun - 45fps, Horizon Zero Dawn - 45fps, RE2, RE3, and RE Village all give me 50 fps. In Doom Eternal, where I'm supposed to be around 270fps at 1440p, I'm barely breaking 90. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is giving me around 45fps but it should be closer to 80fps. On Godfall, I can barely break 50fps. The Witcher 3 is also barely breaking 60fps. FH4 is giving me 50-70 fps where I should be getting close to 200. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is giving me 60fps but it should be over 190fps.

Then I just checked CP2077: I compared it with a guy on Youtube and put in the exact settings he was running. He was getting 75fps. I was getting 25fps.

I don't know what else to do at this point. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my gpu drivers with DDU. The guy that put it together for me, that also put my last system together, and I've used him for 6 years now, has said I need to reinstall a clean version of windows. I don't really want to do that because I have so many programs on my computer and I don't want to have to spend a whole day reinstalling everything. Has anybody got any ideas what I can do about this?

My specs are:
i9-9900k
3080 ti
32gb Corsair Vengeance 3200
Corsair RM850x PSU
ROG ASUS XI Formula Motherboard
Both my cpu and gpu are water cooled with EK Water Blocks
BenQ EX3203r 1440p 144hz monitor

Thanks to anyone that can tell me what to do here or give me a good suggestion to try. I don't think my new 3080 ti is bad, but I don't know what else to do and I really don't want to reinstall windows unless it will definitely fix the problem.

Lutfij

Titan
You're asked to do XYZ to rule out factors and then narrow down the culprit. Might want to parse the version of your OS at the time of writing. Following that, please go into BIOS and check to see what version you're on for your motherboard. How old is the PSU in your system?

Bubbabigsexy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2014
You're asked to do XYZ to rule out factors and then narrow down the culprit. Might want to parse the version of your OS at the time of writing. Following that, please go into BIOS and check to see what version you're on for your motherboard. How old is the PSU in your system?
I am using the most updated version of Windows 10. My PSU is 2 years old. I don't know what version my BIOS is, but I recently updated it 6 months ago, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem. Do you think I need to reinstall windows?

larsv8

Distinguished
If you are having performance issues, the first and generally easiest thing to do is a fresh install of windows and clean install of all drivers / BIOS.

Its free and this sets a clean slate pretty much eliminating any software variables. If it doesn't work, you can then move on to hardware diagnostics.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I upgraded my GPU from a GTX 1080 to the RTX 3080. I used DDU safe mode to clean the Nvidia drivers to fresh install them. I still had problems. I just reformatted my PC and problems solved. If nothing else works. I would try that route.