Surfboard SB6141 & Airport Extreme 6th Gen Slow Ethernet Speeds

faucetguru

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I have the SB6141 connected to airport extreme. I'm paying for 150mbs download speeds, although I am only getting around 90mbs when connected using Ethernet. When I connect using wifi, I get the faster speeds using the 5ghz network.

I connected directly to the modem and was able to get the faster speeds (150mbs). The problem is with the AE or with the connection between the modem. I've scoured all over and can't find any information on how these two should be configured. I've read that these two devices don't play nice with each other. I don't have connectivity problems, it seems to be an issue with the AE.

Solution

Try a different cable then between the router and modem and the computer, or contact Apple support and see where the issue is. If it's after the modem, it's a router or cable issue. There may be updated firmware for the airport.

faucetguru

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

it would appear that way but both devices (router and modem) have gigabyte ports. My computer also has gigabyte ports, I confirmed this by looking up my device. Specs on my card can be found here: http://ark.intel.com/products/60019/Intel-Ethernet-Conn...

I also confirmed when I connected directly to modem that my download speeds were at the 150mbps mark.

Try a different cable then between the router and modem and the computer, or contact Apple support and see where the issue is. If it's after the modem, it's a router or cable issue. There may be updated firmware for the airport.

Solution