Question Surge protector for the PC

Apr 11, 2019
Hey everyone thanks for your previous help just 1 day ago, now I am wondering if you can help me with this.
I want to buy a surge protector for my PC(only for the power supplies plug to the wall) and from fast but direct research I found from some pages( even 1 from my own country) that they recommend a U.S one with their connection plug but I am from Australia so my question is... If I buy it and I need to use a special connector so that I can use it in Australia, will this affect the surge protectors capacity to function in any way? As I will introduce another connection point to it(the US to AU adapter/plug).

1 more thing, what is the best practice in this regard, from the wall to the Power Supply, what should be connected between them? I know about UPS but I don't believe I need one. Will this surge protector APC 12- outlet or any other, mess with the way my Power Supply, supplies power to my PC? I appreciate any advice.
Thank you, I hope I made good sense and thank you so much for your time.
Chris;)
Edit: Just found out the APC surge protector mentioned says on newegg it only works plugged into 110v outlet(in Australia it is 220v), im guessing that is the U.S standard? If so, can I really now not use this surge protector in my country? or do I need something else to connect so that it works here. Sorry for edit, thanks!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS