Surge Protector says it must have 30 feet of wire between service panel

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
What on earth does this mean? I hope it doesn't mean the breaker box, because if so theres not a single point in my apartment that comes anywhere close to that, 15 maybe at the most. Does this mean the electricians service panel somewhere outside and how would I even know where that is in an apartment complex?

Solution
Is there a diagram or even the manual page that you can share.

Normally they specify a maximum distance. They would be talking about the power board probably in your apartment basement.

But it comes down to what are you trying to protect. If you have a domestic unit to protect your PC then just plug it into the wall.

You do need to know what type of unit you are dealing with.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Is there a diagram or even the manual page that you can share.

Normally they specify a maximum distance. They would be talking about the power board probably in your apartment basement.

But it comes down to what are you trying to protect. If you have a domestic unit to protect your PC then just plug it into the wall.

You do need to know what type of unit you are dealing with.

Solution

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
It's just a domestic surge protector.

Just plug it into the wall socket. and it will offer surge protection for all devices plugged into it.

Not sure where it mentions anything about cable length but don't worry about it.