Surgest a PSU, corsair? XFX?

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
So, for my new build i need a psu, im going for something silent(ish) and not too ugly. I want a 750-850 or 1000-1050 watt psu so i can run possible SLI and possible for another build some other time. I saw the xfx, they were cool, corsair, also pretty.... Any surgestions ?

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Either one and you will be happy,both are good brands. Personally id go with Corsair though as i have never had a problem with their products.

randomkid

Distinguished

Top quality PSU such as Corsair with 750-850 watts capacity should be more than enough to handle even the top end cards in SLI or crossfire. Graphics cards are increasingly getting power efficient so no need for the 1000-1050w.

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

My first build, so it isent quite done yet, but ive done nothing past months then looking into all this new sexy hardware and such.

CPU- I5-3570k

Ram - 8gb Corsair Vengange (2x4)

Case - NZXT 810 Switch (mat black, or gunmetal gray) Chose this becouse i fell deeply in love with watercooling, but my budget aint going for it until a couple of months after build is done

Modo- MSI 65GD (might another more 2 way sli ready)

HDD - Western digital 1TB black 7200RPM (ill get an 240 ssd later)

disc drive- Some basic shizz from Asus

GPU- Nvidia GTX 670 Asus TOP ( i chose this becouse it is silent, and cooler, also i want to run these sli when ever i get the money)

I most likely wont overclock, why get a K CPU then? there is no 3570(non k) <.< :(

A system with two GTX670's running in SLI mode requires a 750W PSU with at least 52A combined on the 12V rails and four 75W 6-pin PCIe power connectors; amperage on the 12V rails is more important than the total system wattage rating.
The XFX Pro 750W meets your requirements: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=59617 And so does the Corsair Enthusiast 750W: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=58382&vpn=CMPSU-750TXV2&manufacture=Corsair

Both are electrically sufficient for your build, both are actually made by Seasonic and have similar warranties; choose the one that you like the best based on looks and price.

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Why should i chose 80 plus gold? Im not paying my power, neither is my parents, she is working at a highschool, we live next door, free power consumption, sooo any other reasons?

randomkid

Distinguished

If you won't overclock, the non K version of the quad core ivy is i5-3550. But is 100Mz less than the 3570K. Although, the i5-3550 is $30 cheaper, the i5-3570K comes with a $15 gift certificate promo, so get the i5-3570Km anyway. Afterall, what is the future watercooling you fell in love with for. ;)

randomkid

Distinguished

You don't really have to get the gold. Bronze will do as long as it is from refutable company like corsair & seasonic & tested "passed by independent bodies (meaning not "fake" claim of being certified). The most important factor is reliability & capacity to handle your load. Efficiency only matters if you care for the environment & want's to contribute no matter how little towards its preservation by saving energy.

You don't have to choose a 80+ Gold and I didn't actually recommend one...I recommended a couple of 80+ Bronze PSUs, but I recommended them because they are great PSUs that meet your needs.

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Yeh, i figured out my case can hold 1 x triple rad and 1 x dual rad, enough to cool a system of cpu, ram (looks epic) and gpu (1 or 2) ? hopefully.

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

My budget can hold up to a 300$ power supply, so i guess i can protect the nature with a silver or gold 850-750 watt ^ ^

randomkid

Distinguished

lol... this made my day. Thanks. :lol: