Question Surging above 1600rpm

turner7205

Honorable
May 17, 2014
New build Intel i7-9700k w/ 212 Evo as the cooler. Corsair 200r case. Playing MW3 I notice that at about the 1638rpm mark on the CPU fan (according to HWiNFO64), I start getting a noticeable surge in vibration. As the action winds down and the RPMs slowly go down, the surge calms and eventually goes away. I watch the temp during the surging and it's in the ballpark of 60-65c. Everything was nice and secure when I assembled it. Last note, I can duplicate this issue every time the RPMs are in that range. Thoughts?

turner7205

Honorable
May 17, 2014
Seems like the entire case. but I can feel it across the entire wooden desk it's sitting on. I was watching some more detailed graphs and I watched the RPMs climb up into the 1800s and the CPU temp climbed to 70, the vibrating got worse.

I had a 120mm fan that was unbalanced and it did shake my entire case and the desk it was on. The solution is pretty easy. Find the fan that vibrates. Remove the sticker that covers the center of the fan where you can see the bearing. Put 1-2 drops of vegetal oil on the bearing. Turn it manually a few time to spread the oil. Trust me. I saved a fan like that 3 times. It stops the fan from vibrating unless the problem is with the fan blades.

inside500.jpg

Or just change the fan :)