Surprise at COMDEX 2003!

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
(drum roll please) SURPRISE! The surprise is that I am going to be there! w00t! Get to miss school and everything. One of my friends is coming too. I'm gonna listen to Bill Gates Sunday (and try real hard not to assassinate him, lol), and go to the show Monday and Tuesday.

Is anyone else here going? It'd be great to meet you!

I'm going to wear my anti-NV shirt ahahahhahaha, and hang around the NV booth a while! It's one of those free eVGA GFFX 5900 shirts they gave away a while ago. I used some red fabric paint and drew a circle with a line through it (what the hell are those called?) over the FX5900 logo on the back, and underneath wrote ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

I'm going to casually ask one of the NV reps, "So, why did you cheat in your drivers?" I can see the sweat droplets already! Lol.

I'm curious, are there supposed to be any big releases or introductions at this years Comdex? Like the r420/423? That would be 1337.

SIGNATURE: Stop asking people "whats up" or "hows it goin", you know you don't give a sh*t. And noone cares how you're doing either.

"We are far less than we knew." - Bright Eyes

Enjoy. Say hi to Billy-Boy.

You should start out slow with the nV rep. Lure him in (although that shirt won't give you the element of surprise).

Ask them how their card is DX9.0+? :evil:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I heard that Universal Display Corp.'s OLED prototypes will be there...Check those puppies out...they should kick arse. Imagine a paper thin monitor...kickass.

The rumor is that there will be a helluva lot of wireless and blue tooth garbage. I guess I'm just an old fan of the 'wired' era...I hate the idea that I'm broadcasting a signal to serve myself internet....just seems unsecure to me. Hence why I still go with the old wired approach...but there is supposed to be tons of wireless gadgets, gizmos, and laptops etc.

As far as graphics...There's a rumor that the ship date for Nvidia's next <i>attempt</i> to unretard themselves. Dunno though...I read that somewhere on zdnet i think. Bah. Have fun, wish I could go.

----------
<b>It is always brave to say what everyone thinks. </b> <i>Georges Duhamel</i>

TKS

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Sir, as bodygaurd for NV, I'm going to have to ask you to take off that shirt and eat it. Failure to comply with these orders will result in you exclusion from doing the NV fairy...

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"

Flamey, which one, Dawn or Dusk?

I prefer Eclipse, she goes both ways! :evil:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Sir, please remove the shirt at once or u'll be mass raped by ATi monkeys

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
bring it fanATics~~ nVidia PWNS all!
SCREW aBOX! LONG LIVE nBOX!!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
send in our second killer monkey (MOJO's busy screwing up ATi)

MOHO!!!

ATTACK!!

120% nVidia Fanboy

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Both at the same time of course!
And here i was thinking you were a real man.

<b>Lead me not into temptation.
I know the way myself. :evil:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Ah damnit, I wanted to do that fairy so bad! I can already see her naked tho:) quake3.exe baby.

SIGNATURE: Stop asking people "whats up" or "hows it goin", you know you don't give a sh*t. And noone cares how you're doing either.

"We are far less than we knew." - Bright Eyes

cleeve

Illustrious
I vote that willamette be the official representative for the THG graphics card forum.

Obviously, you need a special shirt saying so...

Is there any way you could videotape your exploits with the Nvidia PR types?
The idea of arming someone of your... er, demeanor... with a special T-shirt and releasing you into comdex 2003 provides limitless possibilities for high quality entertainment.

Kick their asses for us, Willammette!

------------------
Radeon 9500 (hardmodded to PRO, o/c to 322/322)
AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (o/c to 2600+ with 143 fsb)
3dMark03: 4055

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Can you post a pic of your "shirt"?

----------------
<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>

Seriously I think it would be a WICKED setup if WS went with a subdued THG shirt, and then layed into them about recent issues. Oh I would pay to see video of that. It'd be better than PrOn!

Seriously, I'd love to be there, just imagine the 2 man setup, where one of the two goes up and asks lame questions like a completely naive nOOb; 'Umm, is that card fast? Will it like play That Halo game thing that's in an Xbox?'
This of course would set the nV guys up for the ignorant PR line, 'Well the Xbox actually has an nVidida graphics chip inside, so it's already been optimized for our cards, so of course we would give better performance than our competition without that experience...' Enter the second member of our hit squad to whack the PR talking heads, in front of a nice attentive audience of course.

Oh that would be sweet! :evil:

WS, BTW, if you see the Volari guys ask them about their AWEOMEGRA cards.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=376933#376933" target="_new">I hear</A> they are industry leaders in phics rendering for the ultimate experience. :wink:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
OH MAN, i'm going back to tw on Dec 19 and the comdex 2003 at tw starts from 15th-19th >< I'm sooooo pissed -_- now i can't go and bash nVidia and Microsoft people

*cries*

120% nVidia Fanboy

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I have foiled you plans yet again Pokemon Man!! Ahaaha! You see I sent Mojo, my horny monkey to destroy Ati headquarters and he got into NV's headquarters twice by mistake...but it appears he has conquered Ati's monkey team! They shall now attack you!!

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
At the very least, show us a picture of your shirt.

I wonder if you could trademark that and send it out the printers.....

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I will. All in good time, my friend, all in good time:)

...Cause I have learned... that nothing is as pressing...
as the one whos pressing... would like you to believe...
and im content... to walk a little slower...
because theres nowhere that... I really need to be...

-Bright Eyes

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Willamette_Sucks on 11/15/03 00:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Yeah thats my new sig;)

Thats an excerpt from a chat log I saved (with the names changed). Me and a girl Rachel that goes to my school. Holy crap isn't that like so perfect!? That's what I want every girl to say to me!

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?