Surround sound broken

Jan 27, 2019
Hi, we have 2 x Samsung HTF6500 home entertainment systems. They are a few years old but well looked after. I think the speaker ports are. broken on both of them. Not all the speakers seem to work anymore. Is it possible to replace these and can you do it yourself or do I need to take it in somewhere? TIA

You can fix almost anything, now if you can do it, going by the fact that you posted this question that would be a no. How did you test the speakers? Those are pretty fancy setups, odd that something would break on both of them, you may want to have a techie friend look things over to make sure it's not just a cable connection.

Jan 27, 2019
I switched the speaker cables around so front into the rear sockets and they worked fine which told me it was an issue with the port/machine not the speaker or cable. Same on both. Tested it using various sources of audio (DVD, tv etc) still no joy.

What you describe as speaker port is the jack that connect the speakers to the amp channel that drives them in the main unit of the HTS. Unless that jack has been damaged it's more likely that the amp or amps inside the main unit are bad.
Connect each speaker to a speaker port that works to check if all the speakers work.
Connect a speaker that works to each speaker port to determine if it is blown. You will need content to play out of all the channels to do that, Select a surround sound mode on the HTS that will do that.