Status
Not open for further replies.

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I am getting a a8r-mvp motherboard on my new computer wich has 8 channel sound. I know how surround sound works. I have a 1500 dollar system hooked to my tv and stuff. do these headphones work? I dont want to have to use my current stuff cuz then people cant watch tv or xbox or whatever. so I think my best choice might be to get headphones with dolby digital 5.1. but i'm not sure how good they work and wich brand and model and all that. any help or opinions will be apreatiated.

i would perfer a digital signal (coax, optical etc.) but cant seem to find one also a mic would be goo but i've only found the medusa which is like the same as kinyo or somthing like exactly the same

ok now im looking at the IO magic Sound assault i like them i think but i cant figure out what connectors it usses plus no mic but i could just get a seperate one i guess.

Oldguy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Don't know if this helps..I am currently using a set of usb2 surround sound headphones. About halfway up the cable is a small (1.5X2X.5) box that is a 5.1 channel usb audio card which does not weigh much since there are no separate i/o jacks) with volume controls and the phones have 3 mini speakers each side) the system reads it as an external digital audio card and routes the signal to the phones (making the speakers useless while turned on) I have no idea how this would impact your ability to use a mic. but the sound is surprisingly strong, even the bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.