Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2020
Hi :)
I'm thinking about choosing speakers or headphones for my computer. I'd like it to be a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound setup. I'm thinking about Astro a50 gen. 4 or Asus Centurion 7.1 headphones, but I don't play cs go multiplayer games, only singles like AC Origins, Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Mafia III. From the speakers, I was thinking about Logitech z906. Which of the following has the best surround sound, but not artificially made for multiplayer games?
I'm looking for surround sound, thanks to which I can hear as many details of the game as possible, not only the steps of the opponent or a shot from a gun, as is the case with headphones for multiplayer games.

Solution
Forget about 5.1 or 7.1 headphones, they all have two drivers, the surround sound is all faked with audio positioning using processing in the DAC. Any good headphone will do.

If you want a clear set of headphones for picking up positional things, these Phillips Fidelio X2HR will be much better sounding than any Astro thing or other headphones with "5.1" sound https://www.amazon.com/Philips-X2HR-Over-Ear-Open-Air-Headphone/dp/B01N5VHLUG I just got a set when they were on sale for about $120 and they are clear to the point of making some music sound worse because you can hear all the small sounds the instruments made during recording like bass strings buzzing or slapping. They really expose how good or bad the recording is...
Forget about 5.1 or 7.1 headphones, they all have two drivers, the surround sound is all faked with audio positioning using processing in the DAC. Any good headphone will do.

If you want a clear set of headphones for picking up positional things, these Phillips Fidelio X2HR will be much better sounding than any Astro thing or other headphones with "5.1" sound https://www.amazon.com/Philips-X2HR-Over-Ear-Open-Air-Headphone/dp/B01N5VHLUG I just got a set when they were on sale for about $120 and they are clear to the point of making some music sound worse because you can hear all the small sounds the instruments made during recording like bass strings buzzing or slapping. They really expose how good or bad the recording is.

For price and audio quality headphones will be better than speakers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.