Spidernone

Reputable
Jul 2, 2016
I have 2.1 speakers connected to my motherboard's LINE OUT port and it is working fine. Recently, I got some free speakers so I wanted to connect them to my PC and get a 5.1 system. I got a connector like the one in the picture and I put two speakers in the REAR port on the motherboard. The sound is working but it is VERY low. I tried increasing decibels in Realtek software, it helped but it is still very low. Where is the issue?
My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390 Auros Elite.

Solution
which speakers? does the the 2.1 system have a power cord?
do they have a powered AMP inside them?
a PC only has like a 3W audio output and if you put 100W speakers on that 3W signal the audio will be very low. computer speakers will have a powered AMP inside them to combat this. you need speakers with an AMP or you need to route the signal from the audio out to a proper audio receiver to boost the signal.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
a PC only has like a 3W audio output and if you put 100W speakers on that 3W signal the audio will be very low. computer speakers will have a powered AMP inside them to combat this. you need speakers with an AMP or you need to route the signal from the audio out to a proper audio receiver to boost the signal.

Solution

Spidernone

Reputable
Jul 2, 2016
Thanks a lot! This explained it all to me.

TRENDING THREADS