Surround View & Force games to use dedicated graphics

Dimbreath

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
So, I set up Surround View in my ASUS M5A88-M, everything works fine. However, I want to play games using the dedicated video card, not the integrated one. I have one monitor plugged in the motherboard and other on the dedicated GPU.

How I can run the games using the dedicated GPU?

Solution
+1 to Stardust.

Windows is going to play games on the "primary display", unless the game itself lets you override this. Either way, you want both monitors to take advantage of the GPU. Get that converter, or if both monitors support HDMI/DVI, get a DVI cable for one and HDMI for the other.

(Be sure it's really HDMI in the back, and not "Display Port", those are different.)

Dimbreath

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

I play games with main monitor only. I don't have an adapter yet. But I heard this way works too, it's just that I can't solve this issue.

Dimbreath

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

I already did, however, the game is still running with the onboard GPU instead of dedicated one.

Dimbreath

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Because the temperatures aren't going up when playing for some time. It does, but one is DVI and other HDMI.

Rapajez

Distinguished
+1 to Stardust.

Windows is going to play games on the "primary display", unless the game itself lets you override this. Either way, you want both monitors to take advantage of the GPU. Get that converter, or if both monitors support HDMI/DVI, get a DVI cable for one and HDMI for the other.

(Be sure it's really HDMI in the back, and not "Display Port", those are different.)

Solution