[SOLVED] Surveillance HDD for recording Game Footage?

Feb 3, 2021
I've been using a regular HDD for recording game footage -which has been working just fine. However, I'm constantly fighting for space, and wanted a bigger drive so that I could keep more of my recordings long term (you never know when you'll want to reference something or need some background footage). I ended up coming across surveillance class drives when shopping around, and began to wonder if perhaps they might be a good choice.

I don't know if any of the following information would help answer the question, but:
1. I would only use the hard drive for recording game play and storing finished videos (I already use an SSD for OS, programs, and games).
2. I record 1080p @ 60FPS and 4k @30FPS. I'd probably record 4k @60FPS if I ever get a graphics card capable of handling it. I currently use a variable bitrate of 10,000-40,000 kbps.
3. I hate to admit it, but I currently record about 30 hours of game play a week (and sometimes even more).
4. Naturally, video quality, hard drive longevity, and price per TB are all important factors to me.

So, would a surveillance drive be a good choice for my needs? Would it hold up better with all the recording I do? Is it overkill? Do you recommend any other type of drive?