Suspected LulzSec Ringleader Arrested in Essex

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

wondering, what was the point? What were they trying to achieve?

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I personally like what they do. They have the ballz to mess with the big cats. Noone ever tried that except another government. I hope they succeed :D .

Fight the Power !!!

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]Good idea, attacking the CIA. Brilliant.[/citation]

Yes, attacking a group that couldn't even find a diabetic man with a beard, in a cave, in afghanistan, for almost 10 years.. must be a death sentence.. Oh wait.. The Navy SEALS caught that one.. Or was it Obama, as he is trying to soak up all the glory himself?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bear95[/nom]wondering, what was the point? What were they trying to achieve?[/citation]

well, i personally, am completely board of all things life has to offer me. they are making their lives more interesting. if i could do what they do with little risk of getting caught, i would to... its kind of like how an arsinest looks at the seen they make, not just the fire they cause, except with the internet.

G

I half hope these hackers succeed in bringing down the governments, just so I can watch as they realize they have no skills of use in the anarchy that follows and find themselves starving to death.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
The Lulz Cannon . . . hmm sounds a lot like Anonymous' "Low Orbit Ion Cannon". Anonymous and LulzSec are one and the same and everyone knows it.

stryk55

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]well, i personally, am completely board of all things life has to offer me. they are making their lives more interesting. if i could do what they do with little risk of getting caught, i would to... its kind of like how an arsinest looks at the seen they make, not just the fire they cause, except with the internet.[/citation]

You could learn how to spell "arsonist", "bored", and "internet". Maybe that would give you some purpose in life...

G

bored, unemployed, pimply-faced nerds.
nail them to the wall ............ or hire them to fight other hackers.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]bear95[/nom]wondering, what was the point? What were they trying to achieve?[/citation]
they are trying to stand up to corrupt businesses and governments....i just wished their collateral damage wasn't so high....what the need to do is just bring down the networks...and not steal data....they are playing with peoples lives...oh well, i guess it can't really be done without collateral damage

G

well, the deal is that. that guy isn't a part of Lulzsec, he only hosted one of their many chat channels on his IRC server. please factcheck Tomshardware :)

Lulzsec themselves tweeted that he wasn't a part of their group.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]Cebbesen[/nom]well, the deal is that. that guy isn't a part of Lulzsec, he only hosted one of their many chat channels on his IRC server. please factcheck Tomshardware Lulzsec themselves tweeted that he wasn't a part of their group.[/citation]
and they would never lie would they....

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]I personally like what they do. They have the ballz to mess with the big cats. Noone ever tried that except another government. I hope they succeed .Fight the Power !!![/citation]

Spoken like a true little kiddy jackass. Its that kind of attitude that encourages all this nonsense. "Oh lets mess with the big cats cuz its cool." You sound like such a phucing idiot. I hope someone you care about dearly gets hurt because of these "lee7 haxors", then we will see how cool it is.

modinn

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Why do people insist on having the "corrupt" governments get hacked by these people? Last I checked, the people of a democratic nation choose who runs their government. Don't like the policies being passed (PATRIOT,No Child Left Behind,ObamaCare)? Then don't vote for the people who write those policies.

People seem to LOVE to criticize a government in which only 1/2 of the voting population actually partakes in voting. The corruption in private businesses I can understand because the average person has no say in the dealings of the company. But to combat corruption in government, all you have to do is make an EDUCATED vote. And you have to convince others to do the same. Shed the media bias, shed the party system, and shed your personal bias. Just educate yourself on the front runners in an election and choose the most qualified individual. The REAL corrupt thing, in America at least, is the that the parties control the election process. You have to be sponsored by the GOP or the Democratic Party to have a shot at getting elected.....it shouldn't be this black and white.

But hacking the government won't do anything except cause those in power to strengthen their hold on their office. And I would bet any of these self-purported "hacktivists" who defend these sociopaths and who in fact probably know nothing about computer security would change their view immediately after learning that all of THEIR personal information has been leaked on internet for the world to see.

And I don't believe that hacking the private businesses will do any good either. What will end up happening is these companies will hike up their prices on products because they have to spend more money securing their systems (which wouldn't have to be secured if not for these guys) and start paying all of the fines the governments will charge them to make up for the money lost in Identity Thefts (which will happen when all of this information is released).

This is not the way to stand up to corrupt businesses. You know how you can stand up them??? DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.

/endrant

lolyumadbro

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Your proxies can't protect your tight nerdy asses in jail. Even if this kid is just the IRC ops, you don't think he will rat the rest of you out? Good luck.

lolyumadbro

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Your proxies can't protect your tight nerdy asses in jail. Even if this kid is just the IRC ops, you don't think he will rat the rest of you out? Good luck.

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
they are trying to stand up to corrupt businesses and governments

No, they are not. They are anarchists. None of the kids actually know what they really doing. They have the generic "fight the Man" mentality. They are also aggressive PR seekers. They crave attention. How do I know they aren't really hardcore? They pick easy targets. Attacking US companies and government websites is easy. You might be arrested but that's it. Now if they actually attacked the really corrupt governments like North Korea, China, or Russia, then I would be somewhat impressed. But they won't because those countries might actually kill them.

well, the deal is that. that guy isn't a part of Lulzsec, he only hosted one of their many chat channels on his IRC server. please factcheck Tomshardware :)

Lulzsec themselves tweeted that he wasn't a part of their group.

Right because Lulzsec wouldn't lie ever. Of course they wouldn't try to save face! Of course they would gladly admit that one of their members was taken out! /endsarcasm. This guy may not have been the mastermind behind lulzsec but wasn't this the same guy who used to be with Anon and hacked some of their stuff a month or so ago?

One thing I do not understand is why everyone accepts their motives at face value. They say they are in it for the lulz or are fighting corruption or doing some other fanciful BS. I still think someone is playing these guys. Using them to probe for weaknesses or using them to cause havoc and swoop in and steal information like with the Sony incident.

G

Shame the MET couldn't have done something about the Chavs that hang around Wickford station whilst they were in town to get this kid.

Anyway I'm sure they'll stick him on the first flight to the US, that's if they want him.

gamoniac

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
Soooooo glad he is 19 years old. Now we can try him as an adult.

For those of your who are soooo naive to think this is just a show, I have breaking news for you. All these disruptions are costing you and me as well. Companies lose revenue (eg Sony, Citi, Bank of America, etc) and guess who the costs trickle down to?

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
If he does get sent to prison his butthole will never be the same haha. Can't you just imagine the conversation: Hacker-boy "What are you in for?". Real-criminal "Murder, you?". Hacker-boy "I assisted LulzSec in taking down websites and stealing data". Real-criminal "WOW, you're a real bada** hiding behind a computer like that, I'm gonna make you my B***h".

Status
Not open for further replies.