Question Suspected motherboard faulty, need help troubleshooting

zocom779

Honorable
Dec 20, 2014
My Desktop suddenly turns off (sometimes restarts), following things were observed.

Nothing in display, No beep sounds.
All fans are running, CPU fan is running, motherboard light is ON, Power button and Reset button not responding.
Had to turn off directly from PSU switch behind chassis.

motherboard is receiving power, checked PSU output using multi-meter, found OK.
Checked for overheating, found OK.
Checked the motherboard capacitors. all found OK.
Removed all non essential component ,only motherboard+CPU+RAM used, problem still remains.

I suspect motherboard to be faulty, but unable to trace which component in motherboard is causing such issue.

CPU
AMD A10-7890K -Godavari 28nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1066MHz (10-11-11-31)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A88XM-A (FM2+ )
Graphics
DELL E2421HN (1920x1080@59Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX (SATA )
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ (SATA )
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1

My Desktop suddenly turns off (sometimes restarts), following things were observed.

Nothing in display, No beep sounds.
All fans are running, CPU fan is running, motherboard light is ON, Power button and Reset button not responding.
Had to turn off directly from PSU switch behind chassis.

motherboard is receiving power, checked PSU output using multi-meter, found OK.
Checked for overheating, found OK.
Checked the motherboard capacitors. all found OK.
Removed all non essential component ,only motherboard+CPU+RAM used, problem still remains.

I suspect motherboard to be faulty, but unable to trace which component in motherboard is causing such issue.

CPU
AMD A10-7890K -Godavari 28nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1066MHz (10-11-11-31)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A88XM-A (FM2+ )
Graphics
DELL E2421HN (1920x1080@59Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX (SATA )
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ (SATA )
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1
Have you tried clearing CMOS?

zocom779

Honorable
Dec 20, 2014
Sorry late work day, this is a hard one I know bit is there another system you can check your CPU in? It is hitting it's prime in life.
Also have you tried single channel ram?
Hi, I don't have another system, and the CPU needs FM2+ socket which is pretty hard to find these days. All manufacturers have switched to AM4 productions for Ryzen series.
and yes I have tried using single ram at a time, also in different slots, still facing the same issue...

The load information is needed so it can be determined if the test was valid.
I agree but this is why I said unless it was of poor quality build PSU I don't really see it being the issue the simptoms are more pointing to a mobo issue.. But this can't be confirmed because it is also acting as though therea issue with the CPU... The problem I have saying CPU is not all but generally most boards new or old "will post with no CPU" informing you to insert the CPU for system prefomance/boot

The load information is needed so it can be determined if the test was valid.
I agree but this is why I said unless it was of poor quality build PSU I don't really see it being the issue the simptoms are more pointing to a mobo issue.. But this can't be confirmed because it is also acting as though therea issue with the CPU... The problem I have saying CPU is not all but generally most boards new or old "will post with no CPU" informing you to insert the CPU for system prefomance/boot