suspecting on psu

muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Recently after a computer shutdown I could still hear buzzing noise inside my case, I suspect it's the psu. When a computer is shutted down, are all the components stopped? Like the gpu? I want to make sure its not my gpu that's making the buzzing sound after I shut down my computer. Can anyone confirm?

muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012

I already RMA my PSU but I still hear the buzzing noise even after shutdown. The buzzing will stop if I totally switch off the power at the plug. My monitors also flickers a lot when I turn on the power until like 20 seconds later before it can detect the display output. (Like the light on the monitors goes from orange to green and keeps repeating for 20 seconds until it stabalize) It used to just turn from green to orange in the past and stay orange until i power up the computer. I did something really bad to my GPU not long ago and I think I damaged it but could a faulty GPU cause the PSU to buzz?

Oh and apparently when I dont have the GPU in the computer , theres no buzz or anything , it jus runs perfectly fine.