SWAP Drive and Storage Sharing...?

Doombot1

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hello!

Sorry about the confusing title - I don't really know what to name the thread. I just built a PC. It has three drives inside of it - a 256GB Samsung 950 PRO, a 500GB HDD, and a 1TB HDD. The 950 pro is set up as my boot drive. On it, I have windows 10 pro, as well as a few of the apps that I use very frequently. On the 500GB drive, I just set that one up as an internal backup drive, to automatically backup my PC every Sunday or so. However, The 1TB drive isn't in use just yet. I want to use it as basically a storage extension to the 950, but I'm not really sure 1. what that's called, and 2. how to set that up. I want to, say, be able to have a folder on the 1TB drive, but have that folder show up on my desktop. I'm not sure if I am being clear enough, or if this is even possible, so please ask anything that I should be more clear about. Thanks for the help!!!

-Doombot1

Solution
If i'm understanding you right you just want to use that extra drive as a storage drive so just format as a normal drive (may have to go into disk manager to do it) and assign a drive letter.

ikaz

Distinguished
If i'm understanding you right you just want to use that extra drive as a storage drive so just format as a normal drive (may have to go into disk manager to do it) and assign a drive letter.

Solution

Doombot1

Commendable
May 25, 2016

Awesome - that's much easier than I thought it would be... Thanks for the help!