[SOLVED] Swapped 3900x for 5950x and now computer stuck in automatic repair loop.

Mar 17, 2021
Hopefully you guys can help me solve this. Just swapped my cpu and it wasn't quite as smooth sailing as I'd hoped.
Board is a Gigabyte X570UD,
Before I did anything I updated the Bios to the latest version and reset everything to default. Did the swap but now stuck unable to boot up windows and just in a loop of automatic repair and restart. I installed a just slightly older version of bios but the same result.
Not sure what to try next?
thanks!

Mar 17, 2021
Should I try a clean windows restart? I see my new CPU in the bios and everyone seems happy...until i leave the bios and try to boot windows.
IMG_2089.HEIC

Mar 17, 2021
Well, the initial windows re install didn't complete and I ended up in a loop of the system restarting over and over and over again. I attempted to install windows from a USB drive and it went ok until the set up. The system restarted and went back into a rebooting loop. Got the automatic repair message again. Finally loaded back into set up. Now I have been stuck in the network part of the set up for what feels like an eternity. Befuddled?
I should probably put my old chip back in and see if I can salvage the op!